The capability to transfer emails into Office 365 from other systems is extremely beneficial for businesses or organizations; however, certain aspects must be considered during the process.
Migration is only possible in an individual's inbox or other folders for mail. Transferring things like calendars, projects, or contacts isn't possible through this specific kind of migration. It's also only feasible to move up to 500000 items from the user's mailbox. Individual mail items can't exceed 35MB while moving.
To ensure an easy transition process, certain steps must be thought of and planned. Although a maximum of 22,000 mailboxes can be transferred via Exchange migration, it's simpler to move only 150 mailboxes at once. A domain owned by an on-premise company is also required to be recognized as a domain part of the company's Office 365 account to ensure that the migration is successful. A license needs to be allocated to the users whose mailboxes have been transferred into Office 365.
Suppose users choose to begin the process of moving. In that case, it is recommended to start by setting up Outlook on the premises Exchange Server. Outlook Anywhere is used by the migration tools to connect Exchange Servers on-premises. A certification issued by a trusted authority for certification must be obtained by Outlook Anywhere configuration so that the cutover process can be completed in conjunction with Office 365. It is also recommended to confirm that their Exchange organization can join Outlook Anywhere before the migration starts. It is also important to ensure they have Unified Messaging (UM) is disabled for mailboxes located on the premises being transferred.
Migrating Emails form Exchange to Microsoft 365
When these steps are taken into account, Users can start transitioning their email.
- Choose the "About the Office 365 Administration Center" and sign in.
- Click Setup, then select Data Migration. The Select, the dashboard for your data service, will open.
- Please select the email service that the user wants to migrate from once you have chosen a provider; It will appear on the Select users to begin moving email messages will display a list of all the users who have their original email addresses already filled in.
- If the service isn't listed, then select Other providers of email. On the Select, your Data service page, you will need to fill in the IMAP connection details that must be entered to verify the connection. After the connection has been confirmed, your email will appear on the database of registered users.
- After the necessary information has been completed, click Start Migration.
- The migration status will be Queued; starting will change to Syncing or Synced. If the situation has been Synced, it will be Synced. IMAP migration will continue to process the email source till Stop Migration is selected. Once the user is done with the migrations, click Close Connection.
Shoviv Email Migration Solutions can assist you with the process of implementing Microsoft Office 365 and any other Microsoft software and products. We'll help you assess your needs and suggest an appropriate strategy to meet your needs.
Other related Office 365 migration tools:-
Shoviv offers various tools for many email clients for Office 365 cloud migration.
List for Email file converters:-
Here is the list of some popular email file converter tools form Shoviv:-
4. EDB to PST
5. OST Recovery